14th Engadin Half Marathon
1. How can I register and what is the entry fee?
Online registration for the 53rd Engadin Skimarathon and the 14th Engadin Half Marathon is open.
The amount of the entry fee depends on the date of the receipt of payment.
|Engadin Skimarathon (42 km)||CHF||EUR|
|until 31st of August||100.00||95.00|
|from 1st September||120.00||115.00|
|from 1st of January||140.00||135.00|
|from 1st of February||160.00||155.00|
|from 1st of March||180.00||175.00|
2. Can I start in another starting block?
Starting block changes
For changing to a different starting block, a request must be submitted with the online form, after registration and receival of the entry fee. The allocation is made by the organizer and participants will be informed accordingly.
Existing qualifications for participation in the past two years, requests will not be processed. In this case, the qualification is determined by the results. A starting block change is possible until 18 February at 12.00 noon.
When requesting a starting block change after the starting bib has been allocated, a processing fee of CHF 40.00 / EUR 35.00 will be charged. The first starting bib allocation will take place at the beginning of January and then continuously thereafter.
4. When can I pick up the starting bib?
Starting bib distribution Marathon-Village, Pontresina
|Thursday, March 11th 2021||11:00 am–6:00 pm|
|Friday, March 12th 2021||11:00 am–6:00 pm|
|Saturday, March 13th 2021||10:00 am–5:00 pm|
|Sunday, March 14th 2021 (Maloja, only in case of emergency)||06:30 am–9:00 am|
5. When is the start?
Start Engadin Skimarathon / Engadin Half Marathon
|08:25 am||Elite & Elite A Women|
|08:30 am||Elite Men|
|08:30 am||Elite A Men|
|08:32 am||Elite B|
|08:35 am||Elite C|
|08:47 am||Main Class A|
|08:59 am||Main Class B|
|09:11 am||Main Class C|
|09:23 am||General Class|
We recommend that participants arrive at the starting area at least one hour before the start time. There are two heated tents available as cold protection.
6. By when do I have to submit my effects at the latest?
Eligible Elite, Elite A, Elite B and Elite C participants must drop their effects bags by 8:30 am.
Main Class A, Main Class B, Main Class C and General Class must drop off their bag by 9:00 am.
In the overview plan you will find the location of the delivery point.
7. What kind of refreshments are available during the race?
The entire food and drink offer can be found on the route plan incl. food overview
Isostar provides the participants with the following products:
Isostar Energy Bar
Isostar Energy Bar provides rapidly available energy from various carbohydrates, which serve to maintain performance and replenish energy reserves in the body. B vitamins support the energetic metabolic activity.
Isostar Hydrate & Perform
The isotonic drink, which is available in the black cups at the refueling station. Now with a fine natural lemon flavor and no artificial colors or preservatives.
As an alternative there is of course water, which will be available in white cups at the refueling station (as well as yellow cups for tea and green cups for bouillon).
Get a free portion of extra power at the Isostar stand in the Marathon-Village with a voucher (available at the starting bib distribution).
8. Can I finish the race early in Pontresina if I do not want to continue?
Reported marathon participants at the Half Marathon
Marathon participants (registered 42 km), who decide before the start to finish the race after 21 km (Half Marathon) in Pontresina, are to deposit their effects bag in the Half Marathon truck. Please note the separate location.
Bus from Pontresina to S-chanf
For Marathon participants (registered 42 km), who finish the race in Pontresina, as well as all Half Marathon participants who would like to visit the marathon party, shuttle busses run from Pontresina station between 10:00 am to 14:30 pm every half hour directly to the finish area at S-chanf. The next bus is always ready and can be used as a waiting room.
9. Where can I celebrate after the race?
Refreshment stands & Marathon-Party
|from 10:00 am||Refreshment stands organised by the ski clubs Zuoz and Zernez||Finish area, S-chanf|
|from 11:00 am–08:00 pm||Marathon-Party with refreshments and entertainment||Finish area, S-chanf|
10. Will I get the starting fee refunded if I can not start?
If no cancellation insurance has been taken out and you cancel before the December 31st, the paid starting fee will be credited to the next year's race (no refund). If you cancel after December 31st, no credit will be given. We recommend taking out cancellation insurance (eg. directly with online registration). The start authorization can be transferred to a replacement person until February 18th for a fee of CHF 40.00 / EUR 35.00.
11. When is the race closing time?
Distance and finish line
- The official race end is clearly communicated and the track is controlled by a race control vehicle.
- Skiers who arrive at the finish after the official race end will not be ranked.
- If you are overtaken by the race control vehicle, you are only allowed to continue the race at your own risk. The starting bib and time chip must be handed over to the race control vehicle.
- The jury reserves the right to extend the last checkpoint times as well as the official race end in difficult conditions.
Engadin Skimarathon/Half Marathon
- The finish will be closed at 4 pm (42 km) / 2:30 pm (21 km). Participants who arrive at the finish after the official race end will not be ranked.
- Last checkpoint times for 42 km: Pontresina 01:00 pm, La Punt Chamues-ch 2:15 pm and Zuoz 3 pm.
- There is an official bus in Pontresina, La Punt Chamues-ch and Zuoz. This brings the late participants to the finish where they can collect their effects.
- Marathon participants who arrive in Pontresina after 01:00 pm will be pulled out of the Marathon and ranked for the Half Marathon.