5th Engadin Night Race
1. How can I register and what is the entry fee?
Online registration for the 5th Engadin Night Race 2023 is open.
The amount of the entry fee depends on the time of receipt of payment.
|Engadin Night Race||CHF|
|until February 15th||55.00|
|from February 16th||75.00|
2. How will be the division into the starting blocks and can I start in another starting block?
Start block division
The division into the starting blocks Elite A to General Class can be made during the online registration itself. For the divisions in the starting block Elite (running time less than 50 minutes) a proof of achievement (Swiss Loppet or Worldloppet) must be submitted at the registration.
For redistribution after start number allocation, a processing fee of CHF 40.00 will be charged. The first bib allocation will take place at mid January and then continuously.
Starting block change
For a classification in the starting block Elite an application must be submitted with the online form after registration and transfer of the entry fee. The allocation is made by the organizer. The participants will be informed accordingly.
3. How and when will I receive the voucher to pick up my starting bib?
Starting bib voucher
The starting bib voucher will be sent to all participants by e-mail at the end of February and must be presented at the starting bib distribution (on mobile phone or physically). The starting bib voucher can also be accessed via the personal Datasport login at www.datasport.com/myDS. It is important that a current e-mail address was provided during online registration. If you did not receive an email, check your spam folder, check your Datasport account or contact the marathon office.
4. When can I pick up the start number?
Starting bib issue Marathon-Village, Pontresina
|Thursday, March 9th 2023||11:00 am - 05:45 pm|
5. How can I travel to the start?
Participants can take the free bus transport to the start in Sils and back from the finish in Pontresina.
Before the race (departure times)
- Pontresina train station: 04:45 pm every 15 minutesuntil bis 06:00 pm (Pontresina Bahnhof -> Post -> Punt Ota Sur -> Schlossgarage -> Sportpavillon -> Godin)
- Celerina Punt Schlattain: from 04:55 pm every 15 minutes until 06:10 pm
- St. Moritz train station: from 05:00 pm every 15 minutes until 06:15 pm
- St. Moritz Via San Gian: from 05:05 pm every 15 minutes until 06:20 pm
- Silvaplana roundabout center: from 05:10 pm every 15 minutes until 06:20 pm
After the race (departure times)
- From 08:15 pm every 30 minutes until 10:15 pm
- From Pontresina train station to Celerina Punt Schlattain, St. Moritz train station, St. Moritz Via San Gian, Silvaplana roundabout center, Sils Maria Post
Parking facilities are available in Sils (parking garage) and in Pontresina (train station). We recommend the journey by public transport.
Based on Article 64 of the Roads Act (StrG) and Article 24 of the Road Ordinance (StrV), the following cantonal and municipal roads are closed to all traffic.
Wednesday before the Engadin Night Race
|Place||section of road||Time|
|Sils||Parking La Fainera Sport (until March 9th, 8:00 pm)||7:00 pm - 12:00 am|
Thursday Engadin Night Race
|Place||Section of Road||Time|
|Sils||Parking La Fainera Sport (from March 9th, 07:00 pm)||12:00 am – 8:00 pm|
|Sils Maria||Access road Suot Ovas||6:30 pm – 7:30 pm|
|St. Moritz Bad||Access road Grand Hotel des Bains & Heilbad||7:00 pm – 9:00 pm|
|Pontresina||Via Maistra from Rondo until Hotel Rosatsch||The whole day|
6. When is the start?
Start Engadin Night Race
Thursday, March 9th, 2023
We recommend that participants arrive at the starting area at least half an hour before the start time.
7. By when do I have to submit my effects at the latest?
The effect bag has to be handed over at the Fainera Sport car park. All participants must hand in their bag until 07:00 pm.
8. Where are the refreshments on the route?
10. What entertainment program is there during and after the race?
Entertainment on the way for participants and spectators
Along the way, different bands are playing in Silvaplana, St. Moritz, at Lake Staz and at the finish line in Pontresina.
|Silvaplana||to be announced|
|St. Moritz Bad||to be announced|
|Stazersee||to be announced|
|Pontresina||to be announced|
11. When is the finish closing time?
Closing time Engadin Night Race
12. I can't participate. What happens next?
If no cancellation insurance has been taken out and you cancel before the December 31st, the paid starting fee will be credited to the next year's race (no refund). The starting place can be postponed only two times. If you cancel after December 31st, no credit will be given. We recommend taking out cancellation insurance (eg. directly with online registration). The start authorization can be transferred to a replacement person until February 18th for a fee of CHF 40.00.
If participants who enter Switzerland from abroad have to remain in quarantine for at least 5 days due to official instructions and therefore cannot start the Engadin Skimarathon, Engadin Women's Race or Engadin Night Race, the entry fee will be carried over to the next year.
We recommend taking our cancellation insurance (only possible directly with the online registration). In the event of illness or accident, you may submit a request for reimbursement by submitting a medical certificate to Europäische Reiseversicherungs AG. If the application is accepted, you will automatically receive a Datasport voucher equal to the insured amount.
13. Where can I return the timing chip if I do not want to/cannot participate in the race?
The timing chip is attached to the inside of the starting bib and will be taken at the finish line. If you do not participate in the race, we ask you to return the timing chip - either by mail (in a padded envelope) to the marathon office or during the race at the finish line in Pontresina.